[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 30 03:50:10 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:

> Well it seems to work now.  No errors on startup! Two things to note:
> 1 Don't forget the first period in cmake!
> 2. If you have an existing  scribus in /usr/local/bin you have to
> rename it (or  overlay it)  and copy the latest scribus from ~your
> work directory/bin to /usr/local/bin. In my case it is in
> /usr/local/scribus-1.3.3.12/bin

You *really* should use symlinks for that. Don't copy the Scribus
executable to /usr/local/bin ; make a symlink from
/usr/local/bin/scribus to the real location of the Scribus executable.

Some programs try to discover the location from which they were executed
and will fail if you just copy them. More importantly, you're saving
yourself lots of future pain and confusion from plugin version
mismatches etc.

--
Craig Ringer