[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

avox avox at arcor.de
Thu Jun 26 23:55:11 CEST 2008

John Culleton-3 wrote:

> On Thursday 26 June 2008 11:17:02 am Craig Bradney wrote:
>> > Sorry. I forget the rather verbose incantation from release to
>> > release.  And the cmake instructions don't describe the simple
>> > case. So how about this:
>> > Include with the release a file called e.g., configure. The
>> > contents would be as follows:
>> >
>> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=.
>> > make
>> > make install
>> >
>> > That way the end user won't have to look it all up every time, or
>> > bother the list.
>> >
>> > I lost all my hair years ago, struggling with JCL.
>>
>> People need to learn cmake, many other apps are moving to it,
>> Scribus was one of the early adopters when it was clear cmake would
>> become a prominent build system over a year ago. Replacing
>> "configure" by a script that does those instructions would be
>> completely incorrect. cmake replaces make -f + ./configure..
>>
>> Craig
>>

> Well if cmake replaces
> make -f Makefile.svn
> and
> ./configure
> what then is the error in my script?

Running your script instead of cmake would result in running "make ; make
install" twice.

Anyway, I'm all for a small script "configure" which could look like this:

#!/bin/sh
INS_PATH=${PREFIX}
if [ $1X == --prefixX] then
INS_PATH=$2
fi
if [ -z ${INS_PATH}] then
INS_PATH=.
fi

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PATH=${INS_PATH} .