[scribus] No real CMYK black possible??

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Sun Jun 22 23:35:19 CEST 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 03:32:49PM -0400, Andrew A. Gill wrote:
>
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> Perhaps I have missed it, but what is your intended output?  You
>> are using the ISOCoated v2 (ECI) profile for offset printing, but
>> you don't say if you actually intend to print it on an offset
>> press.  Do you intend to have this printed by offset?  Or do you
>> have a different intended output?
>>
>> The solutions that we give will be dependent on your intended
>> output.
>
> The file will go to an offset print shop[1]. They demand PDF/X3 with ISOCoated
> v2 profile which is what I will provide. I fiddled around with gs and
> cinepaint to check CMYK values and it doesn't look good at all (there's
> no black any more in the files converted using tifficc in final PDF/X3 output),
> but I suppose this is some other glitch, maybe in gs (8.50) or in
> cinepaint... which tool would allow me to check real CMYK values in PDF
> output?

You might try outputting in Postscript and checking the colors
that way.

They've redefined setcmykolor to cmyk, but the color values are
still readable:

0 0 0 1 cmyk eofill

is an example from the output that I got.  I also lack your color
profiles, so this might be off for me.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |