[scribus] No real CMYK black possible??

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists at tisc.de
Sun Jun 22 21:49:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 03:32:49PM -0400, Andrew A. Gill wrote:

> > Any hints?
>
> Perhaps I have missed it, but what is your intended output?  You
> are using the ISOCoated v2 (ECI) profile for offset printing, but
> you don't say if you actually intend to print it on an offset
> press.  Do you intend to have this printed by offset?  Or do you
> have a different intended output?
>
> The solutions that we give will be dependent on your intended
> output.

The file will go to an offset print shop[1]. They demand PDF/X3 with ISOCoated
v2 profile which is what I will provide. I fiddled around with gs and
cinepaint to check CMYK values and it doesn't look good at all (there's
no black any more in the files converted using tifficc in final PDF/X3 output),
but I suppose this is some other glitch, maybe in gs (8.50) or in
cinepaint... which tool would allow me to check real CMYK values in PDF
output?

Thanks,

Tino.

[1] www.flyeralarm.de