[scribus] American typewriter font and Scribus

"Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" sveinki at nett.is
Mon Jun 16 18:29:30 CEST 2008

Hi:

Hirwen HARENDAL wrote:
>> From: candy at hispeed.ch> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:41:54 +0200> Subject: Re: [scribus] American typewriter font and Scribus> > Hi,> > Cool, I should try this option.> But where can I found this font (TrueType font (amrtypen.ttf) ) ?> > Sandra
> ** American typewriter from BT is a commercial font.

I'm pretty sure my copy of amrtypen.ttf came in a soup of
fonts on a Corel8 CD. The "LICENSE.TXT" for the fonts
indicated free personal use, but for commercial uses you
should buy a license. Quite normal practice.

The font header is not very informative:

"MediumAmerTypewriterITCbyBT-MediumCopyright 1990-1993
Bitstream Inc.  All rights reserved.AmerType Md BTITC
American Typewriter Medium, Typewriter 911American
Typewriter Medium BTmfgpctt-v1.53 Friday, January 29, 1993
11:59:39 am (EST) C o p y r i g h t   1 9 9 0 - 1 9 9 3   B
i t s t r e a m   I n c .     A l l   r i g h t s   r e s e
r v e d . A m e r T y p e   M d   B T M e d i u m I T C   A
m e r i c a n   T y p e w r i t e r   M e d i u m ,   T y p
e w r i t e r   9 1 1 A m e r i c a n   T y p e w r i t e r
   M e d i u m   B T m f g p c t t - v 1 . 5 3   F r i d a y
,   J a n u a r y   2 9 ,   1 9 9 3   1 1 : 5 9 : 3 9   a m
   ( E S T ) A m e r T y p e w r i t e r I T C b y B T - M e
d i u m    "

Suppose there is a bit more legalese in font headers these days?

regards

Sveinn í Felli