[scribus] PDF crash Windows Vista64

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 3 21:03:40 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 12:50:57 pm Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400
>
> John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 02 June 2008 09:13:38 am Lee wrote:
> > > Using 1.1.4 on Windows Vista, Scribus crashes after naming the
> > > output file in the directory.
> > >
> > > It feels like a permission thing, but I haven't had any luck
> > > finding it.
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > Vista is by reputation a funky thing. Do yuo have or can you set
> > up an XP partition somewhere for production work? Some commercial
> > firms have actually reverted to XP.
> >
> > I use Slackware Linux, although I have an XP partition for
> > testing purposes.
>
> Apparently there's a new thing going on here.  The last vista
> 'upgrade' added a feature that stops progs from invoking other
> progs. It appears that since everyone is administrator, they've
> made admin more like a user. <sigh>
>
> I have both win2k and linux boxes to do the work, but that
> effectively stops me from using the laptop for that last step.
> Just another windows aggravation.  Googling showed xp suffering
> from a similar upgrade, btw.
>
> Lee

At the moment the bigger chunk of the Windoze world is still XP.  You
hint that there is an XP upgrade that will also screw up Scribus.  I
am developing an e-book (on Linux, natch) but aimed at Windows users,
subject: using Scribus to create book covers.  If there are gotchas
specific to Scribus on XP I would very much appreciate hearing about
them.

--
John Culleton