[scribus] PDF crash Windows Vista64

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jun 3 19:09:52 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> On Monday 02 June 2008 09:13:38 am Lee wrote:
>> Using 1.1.4

Do you really mean 1.1.4 ?

> on Windows Vista, Scribus crashes after naming the
>> output file in the directory.
>>
>> It feels like a permission thing, but I haven't had any luck
>> finding it.
>>
>> Lee
>
> Vista is by reputation a funky thing.

It's really quite usable, though if you upgrade a machine from XP
without an erase and clean install it's a total disaster. In particular
it leaves the file system permissions as a hopeless mess. As a clean
installed OS on new laptops, though, it's really very nice.

I can't reproduce the fault described above with the current release, so
I assume it's specific to the file, file name, etc. I have UAC enabled
(and don't understand what everybody whines about) so it's not a UAC issue.

Can we have some details? File name, directory name, directory
permissions, whether you can save files into that directory from other
programs, etc.

--
Craig Ringer