[scribus] PDF crash Windows Vista64

Lee dlwiggers at aeis.tv
Tue Jun 3 18:50:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> On Monday 02 June 2008 09:13:38 am Lee wrote:
> > Using 1.1.4 on Windows Vista, Scribus crashes after naming the
> > output file in the directory.
> >
> > It feels like a permission thing, but I haven't had any luck
> > finding it.
> >
> > Lee
>
> Vista is by reputation a funky thing. Do yuo have or can you set up
> an XP partition somewhere for production work? Some commercial firms
> have actually reverted to XP.
>
> I use Slackware Linux, although I have an XP partition for testing
> purposes.

Apparently there's a new thing going on here.  The last vista
'upgrade' added a feature that stops progs from invoking other progs.
It appears that since everyone is administrator, they've made admin
more like a user. <sigh>

I have both win2k and linux boxes to do the work, but that effectively
stops me from using the laptop for that last step.  Just another
windows aggravation.  Googling showed xp suffering from a similar
upgrade, btw.

Lee