[scribus] viva Scribus

alessandro rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jul 13 17:20:37 CEST 2008

dear philip

> I think I have to admit defeat and bow to the more accomplished
> users of this system. I tried downloading various forms of
> acquascribus, staying, as advised on the Sourceforge site with
> 1.3.3... versions. Removing the Scribus I had downloaded, and trying
> to install this one, I no longer found the quasi-mythical icon to
> double-click - I understand the installation instructions provided
> about as well as I understand Pashtun. Perhaps my newness to Mac has
> something to do with all that. All attempts to install Scribus have
> led to the mysterious messages referred to in previous emails. The
> solution is probably to look for commercial products (and I have
> already seen some used ones available).
> Thanks anyway,

i guess that you need some personal support for installing correctly your computer.

if you still want to install scribus, you should try to contact a free software (most of the time linux :-) user group in rome.
(google showed me http://www.lugroma.org/)

a direct support over irc chould also be an option.

macports and fink are not solutions you will manage to use, without external help.

buona fortuna!
a.l.e