[Scribus] Fw: a bit off-topic: Tool to add notes to PDFs??

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jan 26 17:21:05 CET 2008

flaco wrote:
> Hello!
> Thanx everyone for this lots of answers. Maybe Mike's reply could be a
> trace to follow; i'll try it. Unfortunately Adobe doesn't allow me to have
> a look at the linked page.
> About the other suggestions:
>
> ">the easiest way we can help here is to suggest you send back and forth
>
>> the Scribus file, to which PDF annotations can be added.
>> Greg"
>>

> -> Well, would be, and you wouldn't have to make around with a PDF anyway.
> But I can't commit my co-workers to learn how to use Scribus. And I don't
> want anyone of them to fool around in the .sla.

Where there is a will, there is a way. No doubt there are some who would
be willing to try something new, and this can be an infectious process
once it gets started. All they would really need to know for this
purpose is how to load a Scribus document, how to add an annotation --
either PDF annotation or a text frame somewhere. That's  not so
difficult, probably easier than learning Word. This may be more of a
perceived barrier than a real one.

As far as contaminating your .sla, you would be a fool to give them
anything other than a copy, named differently so you can tell the
difference. You can even name them differently for different recipients,
if it's worth the bother.

Greg