[Scribus] Many Versions = 2

Eric Watson wasnotrice
Wed Jan 9 16:32:34 CET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

>> then I ran
>>
>> sudo fink selfupdate
>> sudo fink install scribus-aqua
>> CMake Error: No Qt3
>
> Cmake has its own ideas where things should be, is very hard to
> convince
> otherwise and is, unfortunately, not very communicative about what
> it is
> really doing. Last time someone reported this error, it turned out
> to be
> due to cmake getting confused by the existence of a QT.framework in
> /Library/Frameworks.
>
> If you have such a framework, you could try to move it temporarily out
> of the way while compiling scribus-aqua.

Bingo! Thanks for the tip.

I moved Qt*.framework from /Library/Frameworks temporarily, and was
able to compile from fink, but I still can't get the application to
launch:

imac:~ eric$  /sw/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus
dyld: Symbol not found:
__ZN12QApplication14macEventFilterEP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEventRef
   Referenced from: /sw/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Trace/BPT trap

Any ideas? Thanks!

Eric