[Scribus] Many Versions = 2

Thorsten Zörner mail
Wed Jan 9 18:22:50 CET 2008

On 09.01.08, at 16:32, Eric Watson wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>>> then I ran
>>>
>>> sudo fink selfupdate
>>> sudo fink install scribus-aqua
>>> CMake Error: No Qt3
>>
>> Cmake has its own ideas where things should be, is very hard to
>> convince
>> otherwise and is, unfortunately, not very communicative about what
>> it is
>> really doing. Last time someone reported this error, it turned out
>> to be
>> due to cmake getting confused by the existence of a QT.framework in
>> /Library/Frameworks.
>>
>> If you have such a framework, you could try to move it temporarily
>> out
>> of the way while compiling scribus-aqua.
>
> Bingo! Thanks for the tip.
>
> I moved Qt*.framework from /Library/Frameworks temporarily, and was
> able to compile from fink, but I still can't get the application to
> launch:
>
> imac:~ eric$  /sw/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus
> dyld: Symbol not found:
> __ZN12QApplication14macEventFilterEP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEventRef
>   Referenced from: /sw/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus
>   Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> Eric

Hi Eric,

I had the same problem compiling scribus with Fink
and the same trick - temporarily evacuating QT*-Framework from /
Library/Framworks - also worked for me for compiling.
However I also get a very similar error when launching scribus:

Macintosh-2:~ thorsten$ /sw/bin/scribus
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _art_free
   Referenced from: /sw/bin/scribus
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _art_free
   Referenced from: /sw/bin/scribus
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Trace/BPT trap

Actually, this is with scribus, rather than aqua-scribus.

Over on MacPorts I was able to compile and run 1.3.3.9 and 1.3.3.10
allright.
So, if you need Scribus for production now, give MacPorts a try: http://www.macports.org/

Greetings,
Thorsten.