[Scribus] Possible to have different margins on facing pages?

Hedley Finger hfinger
Wed Jan 9 02:36:44 CET 2008

I frequently used flush left, ragged right (unjustified) text in my
books.  But this makes the apparent gutter margin on Left pages
(where the ragged line ends are near the spine) look wider than the
gutter margin on Right pages (where the aligned line beginnings are
near the spine).  The solution is to move the Left text frame a
little closer to the gutter and the Right text frame a little further distant.

When viewing the opening, both gutter and foreedge margins look like
mirror images owing to the optical illusion caused by the uneven line
ends.  If I create a new Double Sided document, is there any way to
have different margins on facing pages?  Or is the only current
solution to just set mirrored margins, then add guides for where text
frames will actually be placed?

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Stewart Finger
28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia