[Scribus] Possible to have different margins on facing pages?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Thu Jan 17 13:57:08 CET 2008

2008/1/8, Hedley Finger <hfinger at handholding.com.au>:

> I frequently used flush left, ragged right (unjustified) text in my
> books.  But this makes the apparent gutter margin on Left pages
> (where the ragged line ends are near the spine) look wider than the
> gutter margin on Right pages (where the aligned line beginnings are
> near the spine).  The solution is to move the Left text frame a
> little closer to the gutter and the Right text frame a little further
> distant.
>
> When viewing the opening, both gutter and foreedge margins look like
> mirror images owing to the optical illusion caused by the uneven line
> ends.  If I create a new Double Sided document, is there any way to
> have different margins on facing pages?  Or is the only current
> solution to just set mirrored margins, then add guides for where text
> frames will actually be placed?

Hi,

AFAIK, there is no way yet to set those margins differently, (in an
automated manner). I think you come up with an interesting case where the
tweaking of the margins could be a real cool addition to the actual
capabilities.

Louis

Regards,