[Scribus] Problem knowing how to print a 3 fold leaflet

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Mon Feb 25 18:18:25 CET 2008

> Look at all the people wanting to print signatures. Some of them export to
>> PDF and impose using for example Multivalent. Others design the document
>> with larger sheets (2-up) and rearrange the pages.

> Correct. Exporting PDFs and imposing a PDF is fine. It's one of the most
> used workflow in the world.

But what about those people making an A5 booklet by creating landscape A4
pages in Scribus and then "rearranging" the A5 pages (contents) so they
will print as signatures?

Many tasks can be done both in the layout and the imposition, and in
general anyone designing a publication should ask the printer how they
want the source. Just becuase you can not see a use for a 3-fold split
into 6 pages doesn't mean there is no use for it. The world is big, you
can never know what people want to do.

Yes, when YOU print a 3-fold broschure you want is as two pages, but that
doesn't mean that is always the case.

I do agree that the way it currently looks in Scribus is confusing, but
that doesn't mean it's bad. It's flexible, since if I understand it right
it will alow you to design documents with complicated spreads (where some
pages have fold out flaps and other don't, or even where some pages fold
out with a Z-fold to 3 times the size of the other pages). Sure, such a
publication would probably have to be split for the imposition, but that
doesn't mean the designer should need to design it as split document.

/Peter