[Scribus] Pasting text from Open Office

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Feb 10 16:39:20 CET 2008

John Beardmore wrote:
> I'm sometimes having trouble pasting text into Scribus 1.3.3.10 from
> open office while editing a text frame.
>
> I don't need any formatting information, just the text.
>
> The sequence of events I've just seen as follows.
>
>     At some point a while ago copied and pasted a URL from a browser
>     to another package.
>
>     Start Scribus and edit a text frame.
>
>     In open office writer can do an Alt-EC to get the text to the
>     scratch pad.
>
>     Alt-EP into text frame, but the URL from prior use is inserted.
>
>     Did the Alt-EC in OOW again.  Pasted into OOW to establish that
>     the material to be copied was in the scratch pad.
>
>     Alt-EP into text frame, but the URL from prior use is still
>     inserted.
>
>     Restarted Scribus.
>
>     Alt-EP into text frame, now the correct text is pasted.
>

> Am I missing something obvious ?
>
> Is this a known problem ?

you don't mention which OS/distro you're using.
I know that in Linux/Fedora there are some curious ways that text is
selected for pasting, and it isn't always from the most recent copy/cut
action. When in doubt I will check Klipper and make sure the correct
item is highlighted.

Usually I would import text from oowriter from a file rather than
copy/paste. You can choose to just import the text without formatting.

Greg