[Scribus] Pasting text from Open Office

John Beardmore John
Sun Feb 10 12:18:04 CET 2008

I'm sometimes having trouble pasting text into Scribus 1.3.3.10 from
open office while editing a text frame.

I don't need any formatting information, just the text.

The sequence of events I've just seen as follows.

    At some point a while ago copied and pasted a URL from a browser
    to another package.

    Start Scribus and edit a text frame.

    In open office writer can do an Alt-EC to get the text to the
    scratch pad.

    Alt-EP into text frame, but the URL from prior use is inserted.

    Did the Alt-EC in OOW again.  Pasted into OOW to establish that
    the material to be copied was in the scratch pad.

    Alt-EP into text frame, but the URL from prior use is still
    inserted.

    Restarted Scribus.

    Alt-EP into text frame, now the correct text is pasted.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Is this a known problem ?

I assume people are pasting in material from OOW all the time, so this
will a known bug or my stupidity ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme Registered Assessor
P:0845 4561332  F:0870 0522417  M:07785 563116  Skype:t4sustainability