[Scribus] clipart browser

John Beardmore John
Wed Feb 6 10:05:39 CET 2008

nveitch wrote:

> Hello scribusites,
>
> i think, at many times in the past, there has been loose talk of a
> clipart browser being integrated into Scribus, and perhaps at one time
> or another, something may have actually come of it.
> Well, I had a crazy idea that just might work. I was interested in doing
> something to make Creative Commons more popular, and then I thought,
> wouldn't it be great to have a CC browser-type thing that integrated
> directly with stuff that people might want to use CC stuff in, i.e.
> Scribus, Inkscape, Krita, Gimp etc.

I can see the virtue of having a generic artwork selection tool that can
be invoked form a number of applications.

I'd hope though, that while it can be used to pick clip art, it could
actually be used to select any image.

If you wanted to add value, making provision to bookmark particular
directories or images might be nice, and being able to transform those
images as they are picked so that you can set the resolution, physical
size, translate bitmaps to jpgs etc as you import, without having to
fire up gimp etc, might also give it an ergonomic advantage.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme Registered Assessor
P:0845 4561332  F:0870 0522417  M:07785 563116  Skype:t4sustainability