[Scribus] Upgraded to 1.3.3.11, can't open older version file

Fabien3D creafab
Tue Feb 5 00:27:43 CET 2008

Hi !

> I recently downloaded 1.3.3.11 for Windows, installed it, and tried to open
> a 1.3.3.9 file from my Ubuntu desktop machine.  I get the error message:
>
> File E:/xxxxxxx.sla is not in an acceptable format.
>
> Has anyone else run into compatibility problems with older version files
> after upgrading to 1.3.3.11?  This also happened to me when moving to
> 1.3.3.9 from an older version, but in that case I rebuilt the project
> instead of seeking help.
It also happened to me when I upgraded to 1.3.4. The autosave function
orverwrote the original file with new XML tags, unreadable by the previous
release. I advise you what I was then : copy and paste the objects in an
album in 1.3.11 and then open this album in 1.3.3.9 to get the objects. When
I did this, the pictures weren't included in the objects, but the text
objects worked fine. I don't know if there's any other way to switch back to
a previous version.
--
Fabien3D

http://fabien.nguyen.free.fr