[Scribus] Can't unlock objects in FreedomYug tutorial

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 1 15:29:56 CET 2008

Hedley Finger wrote:
> I have been working my way through the FreedomYug tutorial on the
> Wiki.  I want to look at the colours used in the background of the
> "flame" logos of the "Guerilla Warfare for Gyaan" page but cannot
> select anything on the page.  Layers are not locked.
>
> The finished example shows small black squares (selection handles)
> near the bottom right of various frames and objects, but my copy
> constructed as I worked through the tutorial shows small RED
> squares.  Is this significant?
>
> I have been able to unlock the objects on the "7" page ("Seven Steps
> to Software Samahdi") by right-clicking on the black selection
> handles and toggling Is Locked off in the context menu (which uses
> items from the "Items" menu), but the context menu that comes up on
> the "Guerilla" page is based on items in the "View" menu and does not
> contain the Is Locked item.

The only trouble I had with this was when I eventually found out I
wasn't on the layer I thought I was. You can, of course, hide entire
layers to help show which objects you have access to.

Greg