[Scribus] Can't unlock objects in FreedomYug tutorial

Hedley Finger hfinger
Fri Feb 1 02:31:03 CET 2008

I have been working my way through the FreedomYug tutorial on the
Wiki.  I want to look at the colours used in the background of the
"flame" logos of the "Guerilla Warfare for Gyaan" page but cannot
select anything on the page.  Layers are not locked.

The finished example shows small black squares (selection handles)
near the bottom right of various frames and objects, but my copy
constructed as I worked through the tutorial shows small RED
squares.  Is this significant?

I have been able to unlock the objects on the "7" page ("Seven Steps
to Software Samahdi") by right-clicking on the black selection
handles and toggling Is Locked off in the context menu (which uses
items from the "Items" menu), but the context menu that comes up on
the "Guerilla" page is based on items in the "View" menu and does not
contain the Is Locked item.

Any clues gratefully received.

Hedley

--
Hedley Stewart Finger
28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia