[scribus] Do we have Scripter APIs for ...

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Dec 16 13:59:08 CET 2008

Adagio Grazioso wrote:
> When you say a "rewrite of the scripter engine" do you mean ScripterNG?
> ScribusNG is different from the 1.3.3 Scripter - right? What do we
> plan to support in 1.3.5 - both? Going forward? Still both?

Eventually, the plan is to replace old Scripter with ScripterNG, but
just for 1.3.5svn and beyond. Right now, there isn't enough
functionality in NG to make it useful.
> Additionally is there some documentation available on the ScripterNG
> APIs (or objects)?

I'll let Henning handle this. I hope at some point we can have something
documented on one of the Scribus sites.
> btw are we tracking to any specific release date for 1.3.5?

On a practical level, no. There are a number of issues to be resolved,
so it's not really possible to be more specific.

Greg