[scribus] How to use color management?

Philipp Klaus Krause pkk at spth.de
Thu Aug 28 21:32:48 CEST 2008

So I want to try this color management stuff which claims to give me
perfectly correct colors if I configure it correctly and will totally
mess up everything if I don't (instead of keeping it deactivated so
colors would just be mostly correct).

I want to send my files to a printer, which accepts PDF/X-3 and uses ISO
12467-2 profiles (ISOcoated.icc/ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc, ISOuncoated.icc
and ISOuncoatedyellowish.icc).

I have:
- No calibration device
- A RAL classic color chart
- A monitor which has two settings ("warm" and "cold") and lets me
alternatively set R,G,B on a 0-100 scale. It's currently set to "warm".
- 7 color profiles on the download page of the monitor maker
(http://www.belinea.com/de/service_support/fm/index.jsp?folderId=103863)

What should I do to get correct color (change monitor settings? create
profiles? use profiles from manufacturer? which one?)? Which options
should I use for pdf export (especially in the color tab)?

Philipp