[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Aug 21 21:05:06 CEST 2008

I only read SOME of the many posts on this. A spell checker is essential
IMHO. So is a good text editor. In PM6 I enter text directly on a blown
up page so I can easily see how much room I have left and if I change
fonts or text size I can see the results. I'll often do one or the other
(sometimes both) to fully fill a page. The last thing I do before
creating a PDF file for printing is run the spell checker. That's the
only time I use the text editor -- the spell checker is built into the
editor and can't be run directly on the page. Maybe that's a
better/easier idea -- integrate the spell checker with the text editor?

If I could run it directly from the page I would! If it messes up flow
or layout I would see it directly and be able to fix it quicker, not
after it's been sent to the printer! I've had things like that happen
when rushed to meet a deadline. It's no fun getting 200 copies of a
magazine with some small error in them that's all your fault and not the
printer's!  Sometimes the error is small enough it's not worth the time
delay (and money!) to reprint. I usually find the error in my proof copy
if it's a bad one, luckily!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"