[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 20:40:04 CEST 2008

Peter Nermander wrote:

>> I wouldn't use Scribus as a photo editor or a CAD system, but I don't
>> think being able to enter and alter text effectively is too much to ask.
>
> But Scribus isn't primarily a program for entering text, Scribus is a
> program for laying out images and text onto a page.

:)

That's your mantra not mine. I have a need. I find scribus the best tool
to meet that need. Please don't keep telling me to use a worse tool just
because you have it in your head that when you designed scribus you
didn't have my use in mind.

As I've said, regardless of how you think I should use it, I do enter
text directly to scribus and it's great.

I have absolutely no desire to use an external editor for the initial
drafting though should I ever wish to do so I have OO, word etc available.

> Why don't we include photo editing capabilities in Scribus too?

:)  Well aren't links to Gimp implemented or planned ?  Not that I've
ever felt the urge to use it.

But there is already external use of ghostscript. Should we remove
this too ?

> Wouldn't
> it be nice to be able make a little touchup on images?

Presumably that's exactly the idea ?  I've certainly nothing against it,
though as I say, it's not a feature I've felt driven to investigate.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor