[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:41:26 CEST 2008

@John Beardmore:

While I understand your perspective and some of your points, overall,
you are coming across like this:

(Actually, I'm sorry in advance, because you really don't come across
so persnickity/snotty/immature at all, but I thought it would be
funnier this way)

JB: I have a hammer and I really need it to be able to drill holes
LJ: Well, you know, a hammer is really for driving nails.
JB: Well, its my hammer and I want it to be able to drill holes. Its
an Open Source hammer, someone should be able to add a hole-drilling
attachment.
DM: I have this hole drilling attachment. Its beta and you need to use
chicken wire and glue to attach it, but it works.
JB: yay! See?
LJ: But that's not what the hammer was originally designed for! I
don't mind that there is a third party hole drilling attachment, and
I'm glad it works for you, but you have to understand that the hammer
was designed based on years of carpentry exeperience to not drill
holes. So adding that feature just isn't a priority.
JB: well it should be

etc.

I mean, I understand -- you think a spellchecker makes sense from the
way you use Scribus. But it really seems like you are missing the
point that, while a spellchecker is a nice feature, it isn't there
because that is not part of the publishing industry's idea of DTP
workflow, and thus has not ever been a priority.

Actuallu, JB, you seem to miss this point on many of your responses in
the "Scribus feature set" type threads.

Seeya!
--
Jeff Silverman