[scribus] (forw) [wozmic at gmail.com: [Contact Us] Footer]

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Thu Aug 21 15:42:23 CEST 2008

Please CC the author on reply.

----- Forwarded message from "scribus.net" <wozmic at gmail.com> -----

Subject: [Contact Us] Footer

WOZNIAK Michel sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.

Hi,

I could not find the answer to this question on the wiki so I write to you.
I'm now writing a 300 pages book on Scribus, with close to 200 illustrations.
I got 2 problems with my page footer.

1) Since some pages are indicates as roman numbering (8 -> VIII), I had to
write down 4 pageNumber caracters (####). The page number is written in a
little light gray box, and is centered. But the fact is that the result is
not so centered... In fact, Scribus considers all the time that there are 4
caracters, so when you have a number like VIII, yes, it's centered. But when
you have number V, it's completely on the left of the box since the other
caracters are blank... Is there a way to go around that or do I have to write
down manually the page numbers ?

2) I'd like to add the chapter title on the footer of each page. Is there a
way either to declare some kind of variable, or do something for that to be
generated automatically ? It would be quite a work to do that on 300 Pages...
An example would be really welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,

Michel Wozniak