[scribus] (forw) [wozmic at gmail.com: [Contact Us] Footer]

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Aug 21 16:10:29 CEST 2008

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> Please CC the author on reply.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from "scribus.net" <wozmic at gmail.com> -----

> Subject: [Contact Us] Footer
>
> WOZNIAK Michel sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>
> Hi,
>
> I could not find the answer to this question on the wiki so I write to you.
> I'm now writing a 300 pages book on Scribus, with close to 200 illustrations.
> I got 2 problems with my page footer.
>
> 1) Since some pages are indicates as roman numbering (8 -> VIII), I had to
> write down 4 pageNumber caracters (####). The page number is written in a
> little light gray box, and is centered. But the fact is that the result is
> not so centered... In fact, Scribus considers all the time that there are 4
> caracters, so when you have a number like VIII, yes, it's centered. But when
> you have number V, it's completely on the left of the box since the other
> caracters are blank... Is there a way to go around that or do I have to write
> down manually the page numbers ?

This is something I noticed as we have been writing our manual. The
solution is to make different sets of Master Pages, with different
numbers of characters. You may end up in part needing to do Roman
numerals manually.
> 2) I'd like to add the chapter title on the footer of each page. Is there a
> way either to declare some kind of variable, or do something for that to be
> generated automatically ? It would be quite a work to do that on 300 Pages...
> An example would be really welcome.

Once again, making multiple Master Pages is the way to go -- one set for
each chapter. So far, we do not have this variable declaration
capability, but I agree it would be a good feature, and may come from
some work planned for Master Pages in the future.

Greg