[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Thu Aug 21 08:02:26 CEST 2008

> Anyway - as I recall, this debate was done to death a while back, and a
> checker was being implemented for which I'm truly grateful !
>

> So -  sorry to be contentious, but it really annoys me when people tell
> me that a tool can only be used their way. Why assume the other options
> should be so lightly dismissed ?

It won't be dismissed, don't worry. I am one of the believers that Scribus
needs an as-you-type and one-shot type spellchecker. I see it fits in the
typical small type workflow even if not in the larger workflow. Excluding
something because it might not fit to the large environment is wrong IMNSHO
and for those types, we can disable a feature (or they can, they have the
code!), or just not include a plugin etc.

So while there is no as-you-type spellchecker, it just means we need to change
the text system to handle it, however that wont be tomorrow. That is a
complicated process and we (the core team) are simply spending all time we can
on getting 1.3.5 out the door.

Craig