[scribus] 2 up double sided

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Aug 15 00:22:27 CEST 2008

I had to think on this one a minute! By two up double sided, you mean two of the same pages printed side by side on a sheet of paper in such a way that they can be cut apart to make two simultaneous copies... I'm assuming.

PageMaker 6 doesn't do this directly either. There is an add-on utility ("Build Booklet") that does this. The util can be called from within PM via the drop-down utilities menu, but it's still an outside program. I have only used it a couple times, but it does come in handy! If there is such a utility that can be used with Scribus, it should be considered for bundling with it. I've not looked at Scribus enough yet to note if there is a similar add-on or utility menu.

On an older version of PM I had to do the imposition by hand. I think I did it by using the landscape mode to develop the document, which of course would print right on the printer. I split the page, developed the content on half the page, then did a copy and paste on the other half page. Not the most convenient way to do it, but it works.