[scribus] Info demand Scribus help

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Thu Aug 14 18:32:30 CEST 2008

Craig Bradney a écrit :
> Passing this to the mailing list to reply:
>
>> I have made a 16-page catalogue with Scribus.
>>
>> We now want to send this to a printing company but the following problems
>> occured:
>> 1/ The pdf must be maximum PDF 1.3 = I have sloved this already
>> 2/ when the pdf is created it is cutted at the end/4sides of the page and
>> their is no extra border that serves as an extra bit of the picture where
>> the paper is cut or printed

Please see the wiki for this:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Bleed%2C_create_markers_and_export_a_document_to_pdf

>> 3/ texts are in black cmyk, but the must be in black

Set a black color using the CMYK model and set it to 100% black only.
Apply this color to your text.

Note: if you apply black color to a large area (ie, not type) then you
could also apply what is called a rich black. You may ask your printer
to tell you what values to use, if this is the case in your layout.

>> 4/ the full pdf is in RGB, but must be in cmyk

Check the "Printer" option from the "Color" tab in the PDF Export dialog
so your PDF will be converted in the CMYK color space.

Note: this should also take care of your black if you have set it using
RGB but there were issues lately about how the black is generated and I
can’t tell about the status of this now. The secure way is still to work
in CMYK.

>> 5/ fonts are bitmaped = they want normal high resolution with fonts
>> submitted

In the "Font" tab in the same PDF export dialog, make sure all the fonts
are embedded.

Hope this helps!

Louis