[scribus] set TextFrame Distance in Scripter?

Pankaj Mittal pankaz at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:00:23 CEST 2008

> Vous (Pankaj Mittal) avez ?crit?:
>> Hi List
>>
>> Is there any api which I can use to set top distance of Text in text
>> frame?
>
> Hi,
> I guess that there is not since it?s rather a facility when you layout by
> hand. When you use scripter, compute text frame position & size makes more
> sense in my opinion. If you need to achieve something that can?t be done
> without setting up other frame properties I would be very curious to know
> about.
>
> --
> > If you need to achieve something that can?t be done
> without setting up other frame properties I would be very curious to know
> about.

Hi Pierre
1. As a scripter user, I expect api's to do whatever can be done visually
(manually). Probably, scripter is not there yet which I understand.
2. Now about my need of setTextFrameDistance(). I am trying to design many
cards in which I need to use textFrame (with some corner radius and
background color). But the text starts sticks beside the borders. It does
not look good because there is no distance between text and borders of
textFrame.

I guess we can use a bigger rectangle in the background with corner radius
etc. but this increases the dependency on extra object just because one api
is missing. I would rather prefer setTextFrameDistance().

I hope I was able to explain. Please let me know if I need to clarify
further. Thanks

Pankaj

ps: Is it allowed to send an attachment to List?