[scribus] Long book project in Scribus on 64 Studio

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Aug 12 16:46:38 CEST 2008

Hi Lars,

> People break text in chapters, export the chapters as pdf and use the
> different available tools to assemble pdf files.

I'll probably do that, although in this case the sections are quite long.

I've been able to get a significant speed up today by going into
Preferences -> Plugins and turning every plugin off. Maybe they should
be disabled by default.

> I have to agree that the efficiency of Quark concerning memory are
> hard to achieve.

Scribus is using 7.8% of my 1GB RAM according to top, less than my email
client. I wouldn't mind if Scribus needed 2GB or 4GB if the
responsiveness was good.

Anyway, if I can help in any way, run some tests etc, please let me know.

Cheers!

Daniel