[scribus] scripting functions

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 00:08:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> We are in the midst of an upgrade to Scripter, so-called Scripter-ng. This
> promises to have an increased number of functions, but will probably not be
> back-ported to the 1.3.3.x series.

At the first stage it won't have more functions (likely less). But it
already provides a great base to add many functions quickly and very
easily (http://scripterng.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-add-functions-to-scripting.html).
It is also easier to maintain because there is no special knowledge
about binding APIs required
(http://scripterng.blogspot.com/2008/06/benefits-of-dynamic-binding-using-qt.html).

It won't be be backward-compatible because now is a good opportunity
to get rid of some flaws and inconsistencies. Instead it will be more
like InDesign's scripting interface with its property-based object
model.  And like InDesign you will also be able to use JavaScript.

To prioritize my work it would be very helpful if current scripter
users could tell me which functions are mostly used and which
additonal ones they would love to have.

--
Henning