[scribus] scripting functions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Aug 11 15:26:29 CEST 2008

Eric Druid wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to script scribus to take an XML-file (a songbook) and
> display it in something like printable manner. The idea is that the
> script does the majority of the work and then I only need to tweak the
> result to my liking.

We are in the midst of an upgrade to Scripter, so-called Scripter-ng.
This promises to have an increased number of functions, but will
probably not be back-ported to the 1.3.3.x series.
> In the building of this script I have found some functunality in the
> scripting language I am missing:
>
> getPage([name])
> Returns the page the object is on (to build an index after everything
> has been tweaked.

There is currentPage(), which returns the number of the page you are
currently working on, therefore should do what you need.
> duplicate(verticalOffset, horizonttalOffset, count, [name])
> As the Multiple Duplicate function in the GUI.

I think you're right, this would be a nice feature. For now, you'll just
have to build in a python workaround.
> redrawObject([name])
> redraws the object (Or something else that lets me update the
> information retrieved by textOverflows)

There is redrawAll(), which should do this. Not sure what value there is
to redrawObject alone.

Greg