[scribus] New Linux User -- Scribus in place of Page Maker 6?

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 16:02:32 CEST 2008

hjh at mail.fsub.de schrieb:

> Then, beware of the term "master pages". It's misleading. (In German
> "Musterseiten" - as well).

No, it's absolutely correct, and it's wide-spread in the industry. InDesign and QuarkXPress use it as well, and I guess other DTP pograms do the same. The same goes for the German translation.

> They are -not- templates.

Exactly. We used to have the term "templates" in earlier versions, which caused a lot of confusion, so we changed it to the industry standard, which is "master pages"/"Musterseiten".

> But something
> you can coin / mould your pages with. It's a good concept - and -
> should not be altered or given up. But the term "master pages" /
> "Musterseiten" should be changed. In German it could be "Mater",
> a printing business term from the good old days for something
> used as a mould. (Mater = lat: mother - of a page)

Who uses "Mater" these days? I think the answer is no, as we use terms that most users are familiar with whenever possible.

Regards

Christoph

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx