[scribus] New Linux User -- Scribus in place of PageMaker 6?

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:09:56 CEST 2008

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:16:58 -0400
"Jeffrey Silverman" <jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I can't figure it out -- NO ONE but me has the same issues
> about Scribus' quirks??? Or Scribus' instability??? I'm not exactly a
> computer novice... ;

No real problems here, at least not to the extent that you describe them.

We use Scribus on a Centos/LTSP multi-user setup, and on Fedora desktops to
create three classified ad papers every week, plus a few flyers and other odds
and ends, and everything works very well indeed.

Perhaps you have intermittent hardware issues.