[scribus] Many Pages, large connected textfield, long loading times

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Aug 4 22:07:01 CEST 2008

Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Marc R. Stockmeier schrieb:
>
> <snip />
>> We will go on with the splitting of the document. But for practical
>> reasons only one document would be preferable... Anyway 1.3.5 seems
>> to be on a good track;-)
>>
> Undoubtedly - Version 1.3.5 of Scribus will be a really great piece of
> software and a big step forward. I think, there are many people who
> can't expect it to be released :-)
>
> But at the moment, its under heavy development and it can be dangerous
> to use it just like a productive version. Of course, this should not
> detain you from compiling, testing and reporting bugs :-)

I would add to this and clarify -- if you have a working 1.3.5svn and
you're in the middle of a project, better not to update from svn, since
some times an update breaks something with the development version. If
you understand how to do it, you can always install to a different
directory (see the wiki for the cmake command) to protect yourself.

Greg