[scribus] Many Pages, large connected textfield, long loading times

Marc R. Stockmeier MarcR.Stockmeier at web.de
Mon Aug 4 10:45:35 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am new to Scribus and hope you can help me.

We startet a "Jahrbuch" (kind of annual report) of a school. It will have,
with images, around 300 Pages. The text was already written, therefore we
wanted to have only one huge textfield (connectet the textfield of each page
with its successor...) Now we have 187 pages text (including some images).

Unfortunately the loading time of the .sla file is now up to 1.5 hours
(90minutes!!!!!!!) in 1.3.3.12svn.
I compiled Scribus 1.3.5svn successfully under Linux (OpneSuSe 10.3). Here it
takes 5 minutes to load the file.

My first question:
Is somone her who compiled Scribus 1.3.5svn for Windows? Unfortunately th
others connected to the project use Windows only. (I do not know why....;-))

My second question:
If compiling 1.3.5 for Windows doesn't work... How can I speed up the opening
process by changing the Scribus project????

Best regards

   Marc Stockmeier

P.S. answers in German and English welcome
If I missed a thread in the archive adressing the same suject I apologise!
Please point me to the thread.