[scribus] Many Pages, large connected textfield, long loading times

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Mon Aug 4 17:56:06 CEST 2008

Marc R. Stockmeier schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to Scribus and hope you can help me.
>
> We startet a "Jahrbuch" (kind of annual report) of a school. It will have,
> with images, around 300 Pages. The text was already written, therefore we
> wanted to have only one huge textfield (connectet the textfield of each page
> with its successor...) Now we have 187 pages text (including some images).

Hi Marc,

please mention that Scribus 1.3.5 is a developer branch: it can change
every day and should not be used in productive environments, especially
not for such a big project as your Jahrbuch. So, I would suggest to stay
with Scribus 1.3.3.12 which is the stable version.

To handle such big projects, perhaps it would be a good idea to split up
the document into several files, for example 15 separate files each
containing  20 pages could be a good compromise.

On the other hand, if you have only floating text with a small number of
images included, Scribus is perhaps not the right tool for your task. I
would suggest to take a look at LateX, which definitely will have no
problems handling 300+ pages of text.

Best,

Tom