[Scribus] Win XP: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

John Beardmore John
Sat Apr 19 00:55:12 CEST 2008

S B wrote:

> John, I had the same problem with 1.3.3.10 <http://1.3.3.10> as you, and
> like you, it was intermittent, and under Win XP.  The advice I got was
> to upgrade to the next iteration of 1.3.3.10 <http://1.3.3.10>, and then
> shortly afterward, the newer version, 1.3.3.11 <http://1.3.3.11> came
> out, and the problem disappeared.  I didn't save the email that
> explained it, but it is apparently a known issue at some level.
> Steve Bradley

Many thanks Steve.

Unfortunately this hasn't fixed it though, so at the moment it looks as
if this is consistent across

     Win XP sp 2, Scribus 1.3.3.10
     Win XP sp 2, Scribus 1.3.3.11

and following more testing,

     Win 2000 sp 4, Scribus 1.3.3.9

Interestingly to me, Scribus 1.3.3.9 doesn't report any version issue,
even though the SLA file contains

     <SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.3.3.10" >

Is that expected ?

If anybody wants to play with the file, I'd be happy to upload it.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor