[Scribus] Win XP: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

John Beardmore John
Sun Apr 20 00:00:07 CEST 2008

John Beardmore wrote:

> S B wrote:
>
>> John, I had the same problem with 1.3.3.10 <http://1.3.3.10> as you, and
>> like you, it was intermittent, and under Win XP.  The advice I got was
>> to upgrade to the next iteration of 1.3.3.10 <http://1.3.3.10>, and then
>> shortly afterward, the newer version, 1.3.3.11 <http://1.3.3.11> came
>> out, and the problem disappeared.  I didn't save the email that
>> explained it, but it is apparently a known issue at some level.
>> Steve Bradley
>
> Many thanks Steve.
>
> Unfortunately this hasn't fixed it though, so at the moment it looks as
> if this is consistent across
>
>      Win XP sp 2, Scribus 1.3.3.10
>      Win XP sp 2, Scribus 1.3.3.11
>
> and following more testing,
>
>      Win 2000 sp 4, Scribus 1.3.3.9
>

> Interestingly to me, Scribus 1.3.3.9 doesn't report any version issue,
> even though the SLA file contains
>
>      <SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.3.3.10" >
>
> Is that expected ?
>
> If anybody wants to play with the file, I'd be happy to upload it.

I've just tried it with 1.3.3.12svn under windows 2000 sp4 with the same
result.

Any clues folks ?  This could be a show stopping problem for me.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor