[Scribus] Latest stable release for Win XP ?

John Beardmore John
Fri Apr 18 15:45:11 CEST 2008

Xavier Colmant wrote:

>>  I'll probably try 1.3.3.11-1 for now as  going to higher releases may not
>>  fix my immediate problem, and may introduce others.
> You can keep both versions together.

Yes -  but if I do manage to open it with an unstable version, I won't
be able to move back to a stable one, which isn't too great.

> I use 1.3.3.11. To test your problem, I did load with it sla files
> created with older versions.
> Before 1.3.3.11 I had only 2 versions : 1.3.3.8 and 1.3.3.9.  All
> files loaded OK with 1.3.3.11, although it might have taken a longer
> time than usual (time for conversion ?).

That's good to know.

> The only 'minor' issue I have with 1.3.3.11 is that after I worked a
> good deal on a document and tried to generate a PDF file the whole
> system froze 2 times. After restarting the system, I could generate
> the PDF files without problem. When I say the system froze, I really
> mean the whole bloody Windows XP : Impossible to do anything (mouse,
> keyboard, pointer frozen and no hard drive activity at all).
>
> I hope it can help you.

Thanks Xavier.  I'll go on experimenting.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor