[Scribus] I need a lot of colored rectangles.

Andrew A. Gill superluser
Tue Apr 15 17:35:26 CEST 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Don't give up on the gradient suggestion too soon. You could make a
> gradient strip as suggested, then superimpose a series of opaque white
> rectangles, with appropriate space in between to show the colors.
> Multiple Duplicate will allow you to make one white rectangle then
> repeat it as many times as you want.
>
> I made a small demo entry on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Gradient_Strip

Thanks, this is aesthetically very close to what I'm looking for,
but I'm specifically trying to avoid the gradient function.

In FM screening (which I'm pretty sure they use), gradients, and
especially two-color gradients look terrible and grainy.

See, for example:

<http://www.wgiprint.com/PrepressForum/wgblog/index.php?entry=entry060706-152917>

Now, the difference between a true gradient and a series of pure
color rectangles is not going to be noticeable, so it's more the
principle of the thing.

But I'm looking very favorably on that script recently posted.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |