[Scribus] I need a lot of colored rectangles.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Apr 15 15:00:20 CEST 2008

Andrew A. Gill wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but why aren't you use the
>> Scribus gradient function? It's a task of seconds to produce a gradient
>> like your example with 3 colors in Scribus. Here's a try:
>>

> I'm trying not to use an actual gradient, but rather a series of
> 168 single-color, one-point rectangles, with a one-point
> whitespace between them.  And each rectangle has a different
> color.
>
> No matter how I do this, it's going to be difficult, but if I can
> make it so that I just have to change one value, repeatedly,
> without switching back and forth from the mouse, I'm sure I can
> do it.

Don't give up on the gradient suggestion too soon. You could make a
gradient strip as suggested, then superimpose a series of opaque white
rectangles, with appropriate space in between to show the colors.
Multiple Duplicate will allow you to make one white rectangle then
repeat it as many times as you want.

I made a small demo entry on the wiki:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Gradient_Strip

Greg