[scribus] Success, WAS Burn before reading.

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 00:38:48 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>> I don't agree. Every decent mail client has a "Group Reply" or "List Reply"
>> button/key, which is what should be used to reply to the list.

I suppose that all the M$-haters will tell you that Hotmail is not a "decent
mail client",  but it works well enough for me on all lists of which I am a member
(except for this nonsensical feature - I cannot post XML because it deletes
all XML tags, leaving only the content behind.  Anyway...) . All I have is

>> It's good
>> netiquette for the straight "Reply" to go to the individual poster you are
>> replying to. Please see http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html and
>> links there for an extensive treatment of the subject.
>>
> Well, this isn't the way the old list worked.
> Now, Reply All only sends to the list, Reply only sends to the originator.

When I "Reply All", the originator and the list both appear in the To: line
(as they should). The trouble is that I must now manually remove the
originator, or he will get two copies.

> My thinking is that I am receiving email from the list, not the original
> sender, also that I originate a message to the list, not any particular
> subscriber. If I want to just send to an individual, that should require
> more effort on my part.

Exactly.