[scribus] Success, WAS Burn before reading.

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Sun Apr 27 08:30:44 CEST 2008

* John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> [2008-04-26 18:38:48 -0400]:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >
> > Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> >> I don't agree. Every decent mail client has a "Group Reply" or "List Reply"
> >> button/key, which is what should be used to reply to the list.
>
> I suppose that all the M$-haters will tell you that Hotmail is not a "decent
> mail client",  but it works well enough for me on all lists of which I am a member
> (except for this nonsensical feature - I cannot post XML because it deletes
> all XML tags, leaving only the content behind.  Anyway...) . All I have is
>
> >> It's good
> >> netiquette for the straight "Reply" to go to the individual poster you are
> >> replying to. Please see http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html and
> >> links there for an extensive treatment of the subject.
> >>
> > Well, this isn't the way the old list worked.
> > Now, Reply All only sends to the list, Reply only sends to the originator.
> >

> When I "Reply All", the originator and the list both appear in the To: line
> (as they should). The trouble is that I must now manually remove the
> originator, or he will get two copies.
>
> > My thinking is that I am receiving email from the list, not the original
> > sender, also that I originate a message to the list, not any particular
> > subscriber. If I want to just send to an individual, that should require
> > more effort on my part.
>
> Exactly.

I think the main point I see above is that the behaviour of the new list is
different from the old one. So, I just switched on Reply-To header munging and
the "Reply" button should send the message back to the list just as it was set
up on nashi.altmuehlnet.de. I suppose it doesn't make a difference with email
clients more intelligent then Outlook as they will recognize the list address
and handle it correctly in any case.

Inevitably there will be some more setup kinks to work out, which is why we're
not turning the old list off until the new one is running smoothly.

Regards,

Alex.