[Scribus] Tables

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Oct 29 13:43:27 CET 2007

Conal wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is the best way to work with tables in Scribus? We
> use Scribus to create our newspaper, media pack and rate cards. We are
> currently updating the ratecard and we want to put in a table to illustrate
> our advertising rates.

Tables are a lingering sore spot in Scribus. This explains the
straightforward way of using them in Scribus:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_Tables
> If it is not possible, can anyone suggest a linux program for creating
> tables that can export them as a PDF or something, that I can then import
> into Scribus. So far I have been creating tables in Open Office Word
> Processor, exporting them as pdf's then importing them into Scribus using
> File->import->import EPS/PS... It doesn't work very well, and really slows
> the program down.

Then there is this page:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Complex_tables_in_Scribus_1.2x

similar to what you're doing, but using openoffice to export to SVG,
then importing to Inkscape and exporting to EPS. You might see if that
works better.

Greg