[Scribus] Latex and linked taxt frames.

Celso Junior celsojr2007
Mon Oct 29 10:46:30 CET 2007

Hm... interesting in deed!!!

I'm working on easypose's python core  using my  free time (I'm almost
concluding my studies) and I had some bug reports and some sugestiong to
attent...
What I'm trying to do is to port all gui features to the xml syntax of
the imposition plan, but now, what I'm really working on is a problem
with latex when we use pdflatex to the generation of the imposition...

It simply rips of the ICC of the original  pdf file, wich is very
comprehensive, 'cause pdflatex uses pages as objects of the layout, not
the whole file and it can mix different files, so there would be much
worse if it was obligated to choose one ICC among them...

This is no problem when we have a high end RIP, such for plate and image
setters, 'cause the rip does not use the pdf icc anyway....

but if you aim to put pdf files within scribus via latex libraries, I
guess there would be no problem with the ICC things, just for external
tools that would be a problem...

Regards!