[Scribus] JDF possibility

Celso Junior celsojr2007
Tue Oct 23 11:35:57 CEST 2007

Hi guys!

I'm comming with a "new" (hm probably new) discussion issue here,
yesterday I made a deep look at the CIP4 standards with are know as JDF
(job definition format) protocol. And, coincidently, that was my
pre-press class of the day at the college...
The people from "market standard software" *yells to the four winds*
that the cs3 package is totally  jdf compilant, and as far as I know JDF
technology is not that usefull yet, mainly for us in Brazil, wich
printers are made mostly by small companies.
Nevertheless, what are the intentios of the scribus crew to generate,
even with limitations, a Job Definition Format (wich is an open xml
protocol) form  within the output pdf options.
For those who do not know jdf, it is a sort of Service Order standart,
so the designer could specify the options he wants to send to the
printer using the pdf itself.
Is it worth to think about that on scribus?

O_O

regards!